From Personal Hobby to Career Aspiration

A journey of renewal and dedication in personal financial planning

From an early age, I've been drawn to the company of others. My journey began in the bustling environment of the restaurant industry, where I honed my interpersonal skills. Despite majoring in philosophy at UCLA, it became clear that my true passion lay in human connection rather than academic pursuits.

Venturing to Hawaii post-graduation, I continued to thrive in the hospitality sector, eventually ascending to executive roles in both hospitality and the wine industry.

Amidst the whirlwind of executive responsibilities, I entrusted my financial matters to a friend's adviser; however, I soon found myself disillusioned by the disconnect between their strategies and my financial values.

I recognized a profound need for knowledgeable professionals to guide others in their financial journeys, particularly women.

I’ve always had an interest in financial planning, so while reflecting on my career trajectory, I decided it was time for a career change. Having encountered myriad individuals during my travels, I recognized a profound need for knowledgeable professionals to guide others in their financial journeys, particularly women. This was also inspired by my own upbringing in modest circumstances.

No Stranger to Continuous Learning

My curiosity led me to UC Berkeley Extension, where I explored various courses to augment my skill set. Alongside my extensive business travels, the emergence of online learning during the pandemic presented a golden opportunity to immerse myself fully in the Personal Financial Planning coursework.

The Personal Financial Planning certificate program proved to be a revelation—a perfect fit for my aspirations. Determined to pursue the prestigious Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) designation, I sought guidance from seasoned instructors and fellow learners, drawing invaluable insights and forging lasting connections.

Embracing the diverse opportunities within the financial industry, I navigated the complexities of a career transition with newfound clarity. The certificate not only equipped me with technical expertise, but also instilled a deep sense of camaraderie among classmates, fostering a supportive community that continues to enrich my professional journey.

The Personal Financial Planning certificate program proved to be a revelation—a perfect fit for my aspirations.

Successfully Ensconced in Personal Financial Planning

Grateful for the certificate program's transformative impact, I found my way to Abacus Wealth Partners, a purpose-driven, values-centric financial advisory firm. Here, I've flourished from an associate to a lead adviser, empowered to guide clients with empathy and integrity.

I view financial planning as a deeply personal endeavor, grounded in empathy and trust. Understanding that each client carries a unique financial narrative, I prioritize active listening and genuine connection, recognizing the significance of honoring their values and aspirations.

As advisers, we hold the sacred responsibility of stewarding our clients' financial well-being, navigating the complexities of their stories with compassion and insight. By fostering an environment of trust and collaboration, we empower individuals to embark on transformative financial journeys, guided by their deepest aspirations and values.