Our next newsletter will be in August 2019. In the meantime, here are a few summertime resources that might interest you or help you prepare for teaching next year. Enjoy your summer!
LinkedIn Learning MOOCs (formerly Lynda.com)
- Go to the LinkedIn Learning organization sign-in page.
- Enter "berkeley.edu"
- Log in with your CalNet credentials from on- or off-campus.
Courses of Interest
- Core Strategies for Teaching in Higher Ed
- Learning to Write a Syllabus
- Teaching Techniques: Writing Effective Learning Objectives
- Teaching Techniques: Creating Effective Learning Assessments
- Teaching Techniques: Project-Based Learning
- Redefining PowerPoint in the College Classroom
- Learning How to Increase Learner Engagement
- Corporate Instruction Foundations
- A Concise Guide to Teaching With Desirable Difficulties by Diane Cummings Persellin and Mary Blythe Daniels
- Creating Wicked Students: Designing Courses for a Complex World by Paul Hanstedt
- How Humans Learn: The Science and Stories Behind Effective College Teaching by Joshua R. Eyler
- Make It Stick: The Science of Successful Learning by Peter C. Brown, Henry L. Roediger III and Mark A. McDaniel
- The Spark of Learning: Energizing the College Classroom With the Science of Emotion by Sarah Rose Cavanagh
- Understanding How We Learn: A Visual Guide by Dr. Yana Weinstein and Dr. Megan Sumeracki with Oliver Caviglioli
- Why They Can't Write: Killing the Five-Paragraph Essay and Other Necessities by John Warner
Chronicle of Higher Education Advice Guides
Register or log in using your berkeley.edu email account.
- "How to Be a Better Online Teacher" by Flower Darby
- "How to Make Your Teaching More Engaging" by Sarah Rose Cavanagh