With a projected job-growth rate of 13 percent through 2026, it is no wonder that Medical Records and Health Information Technicians are experiencing a boom in educational offerings and opportunities for career advancement in the field of health informatics.
Health informatics is a collaborative activity where people, processes and technology produce trusted data that leads to better decision making and efficient patient care. In our fully online program, professionals from both medical and IT backgrounds gain the skills—in as little as 3 months—to meet the growing use of technology in health care delivery.
Over 20 experts at Digital Defynd compiled a list of the best health informatics courses, tutorials, training, classes and certificates available online and ranked our online program No. 4. So how did we achieve this ranking in our first year? By providing our students current and relevant content and instruction.
In the Professional Program in Health Informatics, you get a focused program of study that covers:
- Clinical data standards and data security issues
- Clinical workflows
- Technological applications in a health care system
- Impact of technology on population health
These key learnings are what the experts at Digital Defynd recognized about our program:
“In this digital age of health care, this professional program is specifically designed to help you enhance your skills in health informatics that can be beneficial in launching a new career or advancing your current position. Throughout the classes, you will focus on topics such as clinical data standards and security issues, workflows, technological applications and more. With flexible learning options, it is easy to see why this is a crowd favorite.”
What else did they have to say about our program? You’ll get:
- A brief overview of the content to be covered in the introductory lectures.
- Various algorithms with detailed explanations from the instructor.
- Assignments that solve real-world challenges by using the current data sets.
- Training divided into sections along with specified credits and accompanying quizzes.
- Continuous support from the instructor throughout your educational journey.
Start or advance your career with Introduction to Health Informatics and then choose from Electronic Health Record Systems and Beyond, Interoperability, Standards and Health Information Exchange and Population Health Informatics.
Are you ready to meet the growing need for health informatics specialists and records technicians with our online professional program?