Want to learn more about the growing field of health advocacy? The National Association of Healthcare Advocacy Consultants (NAHAC) presents Today and Beyond: New Approaches to Healthcare Advocacy on Nov. 2, 2017, from 7:30 am–4:30 pm in San Francisco. UC Berkeley Extension and Healthcare Liaison, Inc. are co-sponsoring this one-day conference. Come hear from talented speakers, network with fellow health advocates in the Bay Area and earn CE credit.
- Linda Adler, founder and CEO, Pathfinders Medical, based in Palo Alto, Calif. Topic: “Emerging Opportunities in Modern Healthcare”
- Nick Desai, co-founder and CEO of Heal, an on-demand Doctor House Call app. Topic: “The Right Ps: How the Patient-Provider Relationship Can Fix Healthcare in America”
- Heidi Engel, PT, DPT, physical therapy associate professor, Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science, UCSF School of Medicine. Topic: “Early Mobility and Family Engagement for Patient-Centered Care and Better Outcomes”
- Thalia DeWolf, RN, CHPN, nurse at Bay Area End of Life Options
- Emma Shtivelman, Ph.D., chief scientist, Cancer Commons, a Bay Area nonprofit created to network patients, physicians and scientists from many disciplines
Registration opens at 7:30 and ends at 8:30 am.
Lunch is not provided.
Early bird by October 31: $100 (members with nursing CEs: $120)
Late registration on November 1 and 2: $150 (members with nursing CEs: $170)
Early bird by October 31: $135 (public with nursing CEs: $155)
Late registration on November 1 and 2: $165 (members with nursing CEs: $185)
If you are a nurse and would like CEs, Healthcare Liaison is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #14972. Nurses will earn 7 hours for attending the entire conference.
The Officers Club in the San Francisco Presidio
50 Moraga Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94129
For more information on the event and to register, visit http://nahac.memberlodge.com/event-2650265/registration.