How IDP Helped My Career

Videos: graduates discuss the benefits of International Diploma Programs

Students from all over the world come to Berkeley to study topics such as marketing, entrepreneurship, business administration, project management and more. Through UC Berkeley Extension's International Diploma Programs (IDP) international students and working professionals can earn a certificate and specialize in business-related fields, or combine a program with an internship to build work experience at a U.S. business.

On a recent trip to Brazil we decided to find out what our alumni had to say about their experience in IDP.

"With Berkeley behind you it's the kind of thing that will open a lot of doors."

—Felipe Ribero, São Paulo, Brazil, graduate of the IDP in Business Administration

"Living in the San Francisco Bay Area is awesome. The companies, the technology, everything happens there."

Maria Paula Bicalho, São Paulo, Brazil, graduate of the 8-month IDP in Marketing and internship

"With my improved C.V., it was easy for me to find a job."

—Marcelo Rocha, Rio de Janiero, Brazil, graduate of the IDP in Business Administration

"The course helped me a lot to...transition my career, from engineering to business and finance."

—Patricia Lopes, São Paulo, Brazil, graduate of the IDP in Business Administration

Learn More

Find out more about 4–, 8– and 12–month International Diploma Programs for international students and working professionals.