One of the key initiatives at UC Berkeley is empowering engaged thinkers and global citizens to change our world. In that sense, global refers to a mindset rather than a geography.

You heard it here first! When we purchase our clothing, towels, blankets, et cetera, we typically only consider the look and feel.

UC Berkeley ranks nationally as the Number 1 public and Number 2 university in the world for undergraduate programs that produce entrepreneurs who go on to obtain venture funding, according to...

While pursuing his undergraduate studies in Business Management at Universidade Salvador (Brazil), Rafael Sampaio began accumulating work experience as a risk assurance associate at PwC Brazil...

Berkeley Global graduate Camilo Navarro and his friend’s entrepreneurial spirit pays it forward on a trek no one thought could be possible. The two lifelong friends’ trip landed them a new...

Fares Alsherhi excelled in high school. He had a passion for science and technology, getting involved in science fairs and various school programs. Throughout his high school years, Fares grew to...

Yosemite National Park is one of the most famous national parks in the United States. I heard about it well before coming to UC Berkeley. Exploring Yosemite is said to be the thing you must do in...

Whether you are renting a furnished or unfurnished apartment, there are probably household items you need.

So you found a great apartment in the perfect location with wonderful roommates! You’re ready to sign the lease, get your keys and move in.

Finding the right housing for your needs is critical as you start to plan for your studies here at Berkeley. Make sure you have read our blog post on budgets and looked at the websites of the...

Check out the various options you have to live in San Francisco

Check out the various options you have to live in Berkeley

It’s common to feel a little “sticker shock” when you first start looking at housing prices in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Halfway into my spring semester, chaos ensued and the Bay Area went into a shelter-in-place order. Words like ‘social distancing’ and ‘quarantine’ became common topics, and students across the...

I arrived at UC Berkeley Extension to take part in the Professional Diploma Program in Digital Marketing, with almost four years of work experience in another field. Entering an academic...

Back in the winter vacation of 2019, I attended a study 2-week program as a visitor to University of California, Berkeley. It was through that short period of time that I have made up my mind to...

Hi, everyone. I am Jiahui Cai (Jennie) from The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen and I major in marketing. Currently I am doing my exchange semester in University of California, Berkeley...

Hello everyone! My name is Clarissa, and I am from Guangzhou, China. I came here for the Berkeley Haas Global Access Program (BHGAP). As an exchange student, this is my first time studying abroad...

I am Simin Yu from Beijing, China. I graduated from Beijing University of Chemical Technology and I am now studying Legal Studies here at UC Berkeley.

Hi! My name is Olivia and I am an undergraduate studying Jurisprudence at East China University of Political Science and Law. and I have already stayed in Berkeley for a month! I am a Legal...

Ever wanted to work in the United States? If you complete two semesters of study through our Berkeley Haas Global Access Program (BHGAP) or our Professional Certificates, you may become eligible...

My name is Hugo and I am privileged to be spending two semesters in what might possibly be one of the world’s most unique learning environments—something that just over a year ago I would’ve never...

My most important advice for preparation is to begin searching for housing early to be sure to get a good and cheap housing. Make sure that your housing is close to campus due to the steep hills...

When I first got to campus, I felt that there were many students on campus, and they were all energetic. At the same time, I also felt life was quite different than before. I needed to cook, sweep...

At the very beginning, I asked myself: “What do I want to get out of my exchange semester?” I thought about it for quite a long time. I wanted to go to a university that could help me pursue my...

Thinking back to how the past few months unfolded, I can say that I’ve become more open, more proactive, more comfortable in the unknown and more curious about the world around me.

Five fellow BHGAPers and I decided to go on a road trip to Los Angeles, Death Valley, and Las Vegas. I had a memorable spring break trip with the best people I can ever imagine. I'm grateful for a...

My name is Karin, a globetrotter, a foodie, and an adventurer at heart. I study business administration and computer science at the Technical University of Munich. One month ago, I packed my bags...

I’ve been so accustomed to acquiring knowledge through textbooks. But here at BHGAP I get it through hands-on experience.

Studying in BHGAP is never just limited to classrooms. What makes BHGAP unique is that it provides students opportunities to personally experience and be immersed in leading businesses, through...

A few of our students decided to make videos of their time on campus using just their cell phones and their creativity. Have a look!

You can truly be yourself here, since no one is judgmental and the environment is so inclusive—there are no “right” answers in class, so each voice can be heard equally.

I have to admit; I was very skeptical when arriving in Berkeley because I had never made an investment as big as $20K. Looking back, I do not regret any of it and if I were asked, I would do it...

I am enrolled in a series of really interesting and mind boggling classes. I won't write in detail about each subject, but I want to evaluate those which I favor the most.

There is a lot of fun stuff to do around the Bay Area and even though my workweek is packed with essays, readings and group projects, I sometimes get to go on adventures with my new international...

Exactly one month ago, I arrived at San Francisco International Airport, together with my classmate Chris. We had no idea what an incredible journey would lie ahead of us.

We wanted to provide more resources for international students who come to study in Berkeley. The career development that we offer ensures that they leave not only with practical skills related to...

With more than 3,500 active clients, Gensler works with clients from across the globe—large, small, private, public, for-profit, non-profit. The leading firm offers high-quality services in...

Dan Nguyen Pham is a biology and biotechnology student at the University of Copenhagen. He spent his semester abroad at UC Berkeley, which is regularly ranked as one of the world's top public...

In May 2019, our first group of students graduated from their semester-long study in the Berkeley Legal Studies Global Access Program.

We sat down with Jennifer Caleshu, M.B.A., a lecturer for BHGAP, to learn more about her approach and what she sees as the most important lessons students get out of the Design Thinking course....

Each semester has brought in a more diverse cohort than the last, so it got us thinking—let's hear our students' perspectives about the program, in their native languages.

One of my favorite aspects of the program were the company visits that took place. Companies around San Francisco and the Silicon Valley opened their arms to us, and it was nice to see such a...

In the beginning when I came to Berkeley to take part in the Berkeley Haas Global Access Program, it was kind of weird for me to see everybody chatting about football instead of soccer. But I...

Maria Paula Bicalho received her undergraduate degree in Business Administration in Brazil. Wanting a study-abroad experience that would provide her with focused instruction in marketing, Maria...

Camilo Navarro, an alumnus of UC Berkeley Extension's professional certificate programs, and Alvaro Silberstein, a graduate of UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business, co-founded Wheel the World, a...