I am Simin Yu from Beijing, China. I graduated from Beijing University of Chemical Technology and I am now studying Legal Studies here at UC Berkeley.

Hi! My name is Olivia and I am an undergraduate studying Jurisprudence at East China University of Political Science and Law. and I have already stayed in Berkeley for a month! I am a Legal...

Ever wanted to work in the United States? If you complete two semesters of study through our Berkeley Haas Global Access Program (BHGAP) or our Professional Certificates, you may become eligible...

My name is Hugo and I am privileged to be spending two semesters in what might possibly be one of the world’s most unique learning environments—something that just over a year ago I would’ve never...

My most important advice for preparation is to begin searching for housing early to be sure to get a good and cheap housing. Make sure that your housing is close to campus due to the steep hills...

When I first got to campus, I felt that there were many students on campus, and they were all energetic. At the same time, I also felt life was quite different than before. I needed to cook, sweep...

At the very beginning, I asked myself: “What do I want to get out of my exchange semester?” I thought about it for quite a long time. I wanted to go to a university that could help me pursue my...

Thinking back to how the past few months unfolded, I can say that I’ve become more open, more proactive, more comfortable in the unknown and more curious about the world around me.

Five fellow BHGAPers and I decided to go on a road trip to Los Angeles, Death Valley, and Las Vegas. I had a memorable spring break trip with the best people I can ever imagine. I'm grateful for a...

My name is Karin, a globetrotter, a foodie, and an adventurer at heart. I study business administration and computer science at the Technical University of Munich. One month ago, I packed my bags...

I’ve been so accustomed to acquiring knowledge through textbooks. But here at BHGAP I get it through hands-on experience.

Studying in BHGAP is never just limited to classrooms. What makes BHGAP unique is that it provides students opportunities to personally experience and be immersed in leading businesses, through...

A few of our students decided to make videos of their time on campus using just their cell phones and their creativity. Have a look!

You can truly be yourself here, since no one is judgmental and the environment is so inclusive—there are no “right” answers in class, so each voice can be heard equally.

I have to admit; I was very skeptical when arriving in Berkeley because I had never made an investment as big as $20K. Looking back, I do not regret any of it and if I were asked, I would do it...

I am enrolled in a series of really interesting and mind boggling classes. I won't write in detail about each subject, but I want to evaluate those which I favor the most.

There is a lot of fun stuff to do around the Bay Area and even though my workweek is packed with essays, readings and group projects, I sometimes get to go on adventures with my new international...

Exactly one month ago, I arrived at San Francisco International Airport, together with my classmate Chris. We had no idea what an incredible journey would lie ahead of us.

We wanted to provide more resources for international students who come to study in Berkeley. The career development that we offer ensures that they leave not only with practical skills related to...

With more than 3,500 active clients, Gensler works with clients from across the globe—large, small, private, public, for-profit, non-profit. The leading firm offers high-quality services in...

Dan Nguyen Pham is a biology and biotechnology student at the University of Copenhagen. He spent his semester abroad at UC Berkeley, which is regularly ranked as one of the world's top public...

In May 2019, our first group of students graduated from their semester-long study in the Berkeley Legal Studies Global Access Program.

We sat down with Jennifer Caleshu, M.B.A., a lecturer for BHGAP, to learn more about her approach and what she sees as the most important lessons students get out of the Design Thinking course....

Each semester has brought in a more diverse cohort than the last, so it got us thinking—let's hear our students' perspectives about the program, in their native languages.

One of my favorite aspects of the program were the company visits that took place. Companies around San Francisco and the Silicon Valley opened their arms to us, and it was nice to see such a...

In the beginning when I came to Berkeley to take part in the Berkeley Haas Global Access Program, it was kind of weird for me to see everybody chatting about football instead of soccer. But I...

Maria Paula Bicalho received her undergraduate degree in Business Administration in Brazil. Wanting a study-abroad experience that would provide her with focused instruction in marketing, Maria...

Camilo Navarro, an alumnus of UC Berkeley Extension's professional certificate programs, and Alvaro Silberstein, a graduate of UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business, co-founded Wheel the World, a...